Monday, December 14, 2009

Holiday Gifts Begin

Halloween is over and November is here. The holidays have exploded in the stores like Thanksgiving is just a speed bump on our way to gift giving holidays.

I'm not complaining. I love this time of year and I love searching on-line for random, unique gift ideas. So let the fun begin!

I have had my eye on this book for a while. It is from a publishing company that specializes in books about collectibles. Schiffer Books provides many of the books you see in the newsstand section when you are at your favorite local antique mall.

Schiffer has a special going on where you can get 20% off with the purchase of 3 books. Click the images to go to their sale page. And search Schiffer's whole site. They have so many fun titles and they are hidden in all kinds of nooks and crannies categories.


Although this and more of its titles are available at places like amazon, I like to encourage everyone to go directly to Schiffer to purchase their titles. Amazon forces us publishers to lower our wholesale prices so much that Amazon ends up making more money on the book than the person who created the book. (I published my own book and go through the exact same thing) Or better yet, maybe ask your local antique mall that carries Schiffer books if they can special order for you. Then you support a local retail store that can use the business.

I know times are tough, but it is our own small efforts that ensure that small business continues to thrive and multi-national corporations don't control more than they already do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment